The Mlytorium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mlytorium

Welcome to The Mlytorium, a place of free discussion.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The Mlytorium needs YOU to post and advertise! For more information, please view this topic.
Latest topics
» Merzendi
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime31.12.12 19:03 by Merzendi

» I'm making a banner for this site.
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime08.03.11 12:33 by WakaFlocka

» Do you believe in Reincarnation?
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime08.03.11 12:31 by WakaFlocka

» We need something unique.
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime04.02.11 1:55 by E950251

» Know your Destiny
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime18.01.11 16:09 by Yhuzan

» Assthatass
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime18.01.11 15:45 by Yhuzan

» What are you listening to?
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime12.01.11 15:05 by Mly

» Squad
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime11.01.11 22:40 by Yhuzan

» The Sempiternum: Further Planning.
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime10.01.11 3:57 by Merzendi

» The Vartuc (for Sempiternum)
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime09.01.11 22:41 by Mly

» Lacsizta Empire (Sempiternum)
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime09.01.11 22:37 by Yhuzan

» Fun tests
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime09.01.11 10:15 by Merzendi

» The Sec'thar'lini
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime08.01.11 15:53 by Merzendi

» The Sempiternum planning/discussion
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime08.01.11 10:41 by Merzendi

» Freaking Religion
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime07.01.11 22:46 by Killer Clown

» Favorite browser
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime07.01.11 22:03 by Zezima

» Hmm...
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime07.01.11 21:36 by Killer Clown

» Count Till the Topic Dies
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime07.01.11 16:48 by Merzendi

» Drama thread
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime06.01.11 17:56 by Mly

» What are you up to?
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime06.01.11 17:46 by Zezima

» Posting & Advertising
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime06.01.11 0:21 by Mly

» Personality tests
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime05.01.11 15:52 by Mly

» Eridani Empire
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime05.01.11 15:50 by Mly

» Ally: Vex Xiang
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime05.01.11 15:12 by Mly

» Ally: The Sonic Community
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime05.01.11 14:59 by Mly

» Mlytorium InstaView 2: View chatbox & forum at once.
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime05.01.11 12:02 by Mly

» Post...who? YOU of course!
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime24.10.10 7:00 by Sweet Mercy

» I grace thee with Mine presence...
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime01.10.10 18:24 by Mechanix

» Corrupted Wishes
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime23.07.10 12:51 by Sweet Mercy

» Leave on,or Turn off?
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime25.06.10 3:12 by E950251

» Mlytorium InstaView! View the forum, your PMs and profile, and the chatbox all at once!
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime25.06.10 3:06 by E950251

» Mac?
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime25.06.10 2:58 by E950251

» Sup?
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime23.06.10 17:51 by t@ilz

» LOLz King Games
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime18.06.10 18:45 by t@ilz

» A poem for Yhuzan
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime17.06.10 18:22 by Sazz

» Michael Jackson.
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime17.06.10 12:13 by Sazz

» Yhuzan
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime12.06.10 20:37 by Sazz

» The Last Game
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime06.06.10 20:24 by Yhuzan

» Burnout Paradise
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime05.06.10 10:26 by Sweet Mercy

» FOAR MLY FRUM BLIZ
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime03.06.10 17:22 by Sazz

» Does anyone watch Glee?
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime26.05.10 19:06 by Sazz

» Woot? Boy this place looks depressing.
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime25.05.10 1:27 by Emotion Goddess

» ETA: Nevermind. I'm still gone.
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime25.05.10 1:09 by Mly

» Spore
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime17.05.10 16:47 by Sweet Mercy

» Dead, Double Dead
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime16.05.10 17:16 by Sweet Mercy

» FUCK MLY
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime16.05.10 17:07 by Sweet Mercy

» WHERE IS REBEL!?!?!!??!
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime16.05.10 0:22 by BLIZMASTER<3REBEL

» It's me, Sweet Mercy!
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime14.05.10 16:19 by Sweet Mercy

» Helloooooooooooo World~
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime07.05.10 17:00 by Mly

» HAI
Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime30.04.10 17:18 by Mly

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Mlytorium on your social bookmarking website.

Bookmark and share the address of The Mlytorium on your social bookmarking website

Freaking Religion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Killer Clown

Killer Clown

Money : 24501
Popularity : 1

Freaking Religion Empty
PostSubject: Freaking Religion   Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime05.01.11 22:29

Religion, the freaking root of war after war, bloodshed after bloodshed, random terrorist attack after insane zealot. We can all check it up to religion. By no means I am questioning its existence cause I don’t have the brain cells to spare on people with fingers in their ears and up their butt who yell out the creed of the day. Time to say my piece, why religion is a headache to be reckoned with and why I am giving it a shout-out.

About a year ago the only guy I can respect told me “Religion begins and ends with Blind Faith” and I am inclined to agree with him this day…that a**. When people are converted they give their body, mind, and common sense to believe in one doctrine, one rule, or as my favorite wise man said “One Word”. But what happens after that is where it all goes to Hell, or should I say it is when Hell comes up.

Said person now has to follow some set of rules and officials for his religion. It can be a Quran or a Bible, a Bishop or a Caliph. No matter what the heck it is you are now stuck on the words of one group now, as fallible as any other creation of man (or female if we have any feminists in this house). Like I said we have officials in charge who are supposed to follow the words of the Divine….BS. No matter if you are a Pope or a lowly monk you are not being given direct authority from the Divine, no white doves come upon us anymore and no men will walk on water till the fabled End. My main though is that, we have normal humans in charge of religion NOT God’s hand itself, not Allah incarnate. We have normal men who are as sinful as me our any of you, the problem is after the first conversation that Blind Faith doesn’t let people see that they are not following God; they are following his fallible creations.

Ok now that I got the delusion of Divine priests and such out of your eyes let’s get into the religions themselves. Ever religion of course has a “Word” some Holy Book made by the Hand to be the indisputable law of the world He(face it feminists the world is sexist and God is called He), more BS. No matter what Holy Book of whatever rotted religion you find: The Bible, the Quran, and even the Kitab-i-Aqdas have one thing in common,

No God Made Them.

You are hearing right kiddies, the so called Books of Heaven did not come from Heaven, they were not even made by a Holy Man per say. The Quran was pieced together by random people who wrote about what their Prophet of the time said. There were about 30+ different “Bibles” till the Council of Trent picked one out to be used and it itself was also a ragged collection of different writers. Same story with every “Holy Book”, Humans made them, Plural Humans. Many Humans made many books and they are put up as indisputable and from God. Leaves a lot of room for error, don’t ya think?

Ok now that we whipped away a good amount of those “Divine Artifacts” we can get to the crust of the matter. We have many people in many religions blindly following other human rulers with human made laws. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem and I would chalk it as any country in the world but there is one small problem. These people are treating man-made creations and people as the Divine, which always leads to Zealots who do stupid stuff like mass-murder people or just plain intolerance to anything else. But we have faith in religion “To Deliver Us from Evil”, right? In theory if we follow the REILGION but no people follow their religion they follow the interpretations of religion from sinful and fallible men.

Ok so we have blind followers with delusions of the Divine leading them to do things when it is really just what some guy wrote down or said, worst case scenario? Already happened but let’s talk about it anyways.

Well for one said followers can stick their head in the mud and reject everything that goes against their religion. That might explain why it took so long for people to realize we were not at the center of the Universe (hell we are not even the center of the solar system) or why people thought that praying was the only way to cure illness. So we have the lowered advancement of knowledge thanks to religion, anything else? Well said religious followers could be more zealot like and when someone says something that some person like the Pope says is unreligious like science, they can come in clap in chains and imprison\torture him till his mind is so twisted he refutes what he said. Does this remind anyone of Gallio? Because last I checked the Catholic Inquisition made it its job to do stuff like that.

So pretty bad to have religion making people blindly follow fallible leaders who tell them to do crazy things like torture old scientists, got worse though. We can also have these things call “Holy Wars” when mortal religious leaders send soldiers against each other for Gold and Glory. How is this different from normal wars? Oh because it is done in the “Name of God” as said by some random man who is not God. Oh and it happens a lot more frequently because when people think they are fighting for God they fight harder…and kill more. One could argue these Holy Wars between religions are internal affairs…more BS.

Let us look at the Catholic Crusades done against the Muslims. First Crusade, kill Muslims in name of God as said by man. Second Crusade, more of same but we get plunder. Third Crusade and Up, forget fighting for God and let’s just kill the Byzantine Empire and take their stuff. Pretty nice huh? Killing a whole nation in the name of God? When it isn’t even God but some person who claims to speak for God.

This isn’t just old dust I am bringing up, it is still happening today. We still have old blind farts speaking against scientific ideas like Evolution just because some person spoke out against it long ago from a vague reading from a book made by some other guy, and now we have to have a big shout-out against this wildly proven idea that does little but Fs with human progress. We also have Israeli, Muslim and whatever “Holy Soldiers” killing each other and whoever happens to be in killing range just because some guy said it was in the Name of God. Now I could go on and on saying all the crap religion has spewed over the history of humanity’s insignificant existence in the Universe.

I could also say all those who made religions for immoral reasons like Akbar’s ‘Divine Faith”. But because of all the anal Zealots in this world because of a few words a random “prophet” said among all the others while claiming to be “God” or speak for God or some other thing that we all have to die for; I would get shot just for this single post. I would get shot SERVEAL times for this post.

That is how freaking religion has caused crap in our world like nothing else. Religion has made a world where common sense is not accepted, people are tortured and murdered on the basis of a few words. What madness is this! We get threatened, we get stoned, we get killed, and we die and die for some religion that is only lead by man. Not the Divine. Not God. Some guy who can fail as much as any other spawn on this world.

Freaking Religion should be followed the right way “Religion begins and ends with Blind Faith”, not all the crap made by men in between. Religion does not need shutting down those who “appear” to stand against you, it should be about following your own path from start to finish. Religion isn’t about killing others and other pleasant methods of bring about more death, it is about caring for your own death and how your end will come.

In short, religion has been fucked up by men pretending to be God and people follow it into bringing about misery and death, basically bringing Hell up unto Earth. Don’t like any of the things I said? Don’t hold your breathe speak up.
Back to top Go down
Mly
Admin
Mly

Money : 27340
Popularity : 2

Freaking Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking Religion   Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime05.01.11 23:24

Bravo! Bravo!

I will note that religion simply has the pitfalls of all societal control mechanisms (Yes, I just called religion a control mechanism, and that's what I believe it is at heart.): While it can be used for good by good leaders, it can also be used for evil by evil leaders. It has been used to both ends, though sadly the bad seems to greatly outweigh the good. The same is true of the legal system: countries like the US are (mostly) fine, while if you were to look at, say, Somalia, you'd practically cringe in horror. Such is the nature of humanity.
Back to top Go down
http://mly1.roll.tv/
Killer Clown

Killer Clown

Freaking Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking Religion   Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime05.01.11 23:37

About time I used my oldest and most powerful example:

You see a happy family walking down on a bright day. They are a happy couple: a husband and wife leading their loyal 2.5 children. They are in the prime of life enjoying it to its fullest and at no point before and after can they be happier. They have their youth, health, love, wealth, and all their avarice could ask for. Then it all changes at once.

The see a severed hand on the street in front of them and in spite of all the joy they are experiencing they scream in terror. Now why do you suppose that when at they are at their most joy it can all be so suddenly taken away by a terror that is on the borderline of being negligible? The answer is that terror, fear, hatred, sadness and all other such negative emotions are more powerful.

No matter what level of joy, peace, happiness and etc the family felt, it was powerless before a simple terror. Do you know what this means? The negative side of human nature is stronger, more forceful, more encompassing in every human. If humans are so quick to go to the negative side from the peak of positive, how simple is it to be evil from an already rotted core? A purely subjective choice but it is an easy choice to choose. As easy as biting an apple…
Back to top Go down
Mly
Admin
Mly

Money : 27340
Popularity : 2

Freaking Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking Religion   Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime05.01.11 23:46

I won't disagree with you on that. I know of the bad nature of humanity all too well. But that's a story for another day.
Back to top Go down
http://mly1.roll.tv/
Zezima

Zezima

Money : 25640
Popularity : 0

Freaking Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking Religion   Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime06.01.11 0:04

I'd like to argue that point. I don't mean to say you can be happy and everything goes away, however, I do believe our environments play a role. There are many scenarios that can, when played out, counter the "simple terror" and feel no anxiety whatsoever towards it. Probably because your imaginary family was extraordinarily sensitive to gore. Just a thought. I'd elaborate more but I've got a severe case of acedia.
Back to top Go down
http://sonicommunity.forumotion.com/
Killer Clown

Killer Clown

Freaking Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking Religion   Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime06.01.11 7:25

Ha, if you really had acedia you wouldn’t be on this website let alone arguing for a point. K though, name a scenario where a happy family, any happy family, strolls across a severed hand and does not even show the slightest bit of shock, fear, and so on. If the any sense of postive emotion is replaced by any level of negative emotion, the negative is stronger. Better yet tell me a situation where the sight of a severed hand or worse can be “countered” by some positive emotion. Oh you won’t? Guess you concede then.

Really don't be a dip, if you are trying to argue for something don't puss out half-way through.
Back to top Go down
Zezima

Zezima

Freaking Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking Religion   Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime06.01.11 17:39

Killer Clown wrote:
Ha, if you really had acedia you wouldn’t be on this website let alone arguing for a point.

Let me help you out.

Killer Clown wrote:
K though, name a scenario where a happy family, any happy family, strolls across a severed hand and does not even show the slightest bit of shock, fear, and so on. If the any sense of postive emotion is replaced by any level of negative emotion, the negative is stronger. Better yet tell me a situation where the sight of a severed hand or worse can be “countered” by some positive emotion.

Why does it have to be a "happy family"? I thought the principle of the argument is what mattered, not a vain stereotype, however, I'll humor you.

Before the advent of ridiculous convenience there was something that was referred to as work ethic, and a lot of people had it, even kids. In fact, if you go back far enough, it was more commonplace for children to hold the burden of labor than it was for adults, but since you're clearly a sagacious God of knowledge, you already knew this. Many worked in the meat packing industry where their job, among other tasks, was to eviscerate swine and other livestock. I see no reports or testimonials saying they were overcome with fear and depression because of this, in fact, they eventually lead the baby boom, arguably the happiest and most joyful generation.

If you return to your single, narrow minded situation of a happy, white, middle class, moderately successful suburban family on a stroll for some reason, you'd think they'd have a car, then there's no further incentive to engage in a meaningless debate.

Killer Clown wrote:
Oh you won’t? Guess you concede then.

You just exude patience.

Killer Clown wrote:
Really don't be a dip...

I calmly try to present a counter perspective of a biased reasoning, and I'm reacted with aggressive and slanderous prose? I'm definitely the jerk here, I duly apologize, sir.

Killer Clown wrote:
...If you are trying to argue for something don't puss out half-way through.

Someone in this topic has clairvoyance, you seemed to presume I would never reply again, weird. Maybe you didn't want me to for some odd reason. Wonder why.
Back to top Go down
Killer Clown

Killer Clown

Freaking Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking Religion   Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime06.01.11 19:50

*yawns and stretches arms*

I said “Ha” to acknowledge your joke

My point is if people who are filled to the Max with positive emotion suddenly have there emotions go to a negative place from a sudden insert of negative emotion that is no where near the maximum possible, then negative emotion is more powerful then positive emotion. You could also go the other way claiming that someone in a bad mood largely needs a great infuse of positive emotions to overcome the negative emotions they are filling at greater level then the negative emotions said person is feeling. I acknowledge there are those oddballs who are always overly optimistic or those who are permanently cynical, but in the majority it takes more positive emotion to make a chance in mindset compared to negative emotion. Argo negative motion is stronger and more prevalent in human nature.

I don’t get why are you brining up meat making compared to human emotion but I don’t mind putting you down. Your were correct in assuming I know what time you are talking about, though wrong in calling my a pagan God when I just wrote on top against that. Beside the point, the Era you speak of is the Progressive Era in America around 1880-1910 for our purposes. In this time many effects of modernization occurred such as the formation of large cities, new technology, and big business such as the meat packing industry you spoke of.

As you said child labor was still in affect at this time and children did indeed labor for the sake of there parents and other elders (something we are sorely lacking in this time and age). They worked in poor sanitary and safety conditions for many hours with little pay for the time. Now I could talk about how horrible the meat packing industry is, but if you are really so interested you can see it all in the book, The Jungle, by Upton Sinclair( a lovely book, not to different from “Uncle Tom’s Cabin”). True no kids publically complained (did they even know how to) but the Muckrakers of the time shed plenty of light on how miserable the kids were at work.

Now I don’t see what makes you think the misery of Meat Packing made the “baby boom”, not at all, but I can elaborate for you. What did cause the baby boom was the Progressive Era, as I said before, brought about the creation of big cities. In said cities there were more people in a set area, and this caused more sex. More sex=more babies. So we have a baby boom.

If you believe in the “Sacred Feminity and the “Gift of Life” then more babies are a joyous occasion. No one has since the Council of Trent declared lust a sin and premarital sex(and in some cases sex at all) a door for Satan. No what we had was a population increase in crowded areas in which most people lived in small one room apartments that contained about three families. In that case we had people starving, children forced into labor to help keep their families alive, spread of disease, and more sex. Frankly I don’t get how you got killing a pig from seeing the severed hand of a human being, are pigs equal to humans?

Sure kill the environment, who needs to joy of walking when we can increase the already growing amount of fatasses in the world. Who in their right mind stays positive when they see a severed hand? A bleeding corpse? Or even an Emo slitting his wrists?

I can be patient but I lose too many brain cells trying to be.

K, I am what you misused Jerk as, a basterd. While you can be the literally definition of a Jerk, a foolish person.

More of an incentive to make you elaborate than a foresight, well it worked.
Back to top Go down
Zezima

Zezima

Freaking Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking Religion   Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime07.01.11 22:00

I agree with your core point, I just wanted to play devil's advocate. It's all good.

However, I noticed we kind of stopped talking about religion.
Back to top Go down
Killer Clown

Killer Clown

Freaking Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking Religion   Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime07.01.11 22:46

If I freaking cared about debates that stayed on topic I would not be on a site made by someone who has named himself the anti-thesis of perfection.

Oh and I play Devil's Advocate, always.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Freaking Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaking Religion   Freaking Religion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freaking Religion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mlytorium :: Everything :: Miscellaneous-
Jump to: